Scotty's
Scotty's is the bar I am working in, which although it is attached to the hotel, is owned by a different company thank god, which means its generally a million times better than anything Mark Warner. We shall see! Unfortunately I wont be referring to my manager as 'the runt' this time as my manager is actually very nice, and I even have the bonus of having 2! First is Ollie, the bar manager who is a snowboarder dude type guy (if you get my drift) but at the same time he is very passionate about his job, even uttering the lines 'ice is an integral part of a drink you know!'. What an education. My other boss is Paul, the restaurant/food manager for Scotty's who is really nice but doesnt quite have a clue what is going on, and he made us wear 'fanny packs'. Hmm. Other than that I am working with Stu Pool and Jon Indepth, of Corsica fame, as well as Chris, an Irish lad who concerns me because his robot has the potential to rival mine, and Hannah, the other token female....who is lovely by the way! Our training started out rather fantasically, having to learn a repertoire of cocktails which was ssssssssooo long, but of course we had to sample said drinks in a rather brilliant training session. Then came the waiting training which was a bit too much like hard work and we had to pretend to order food and practice fake food service. Oh how I crave guests! I never thought I would be saying that! Other than that it has been pretty cool, I can now mix cocktails and such! Its a bit weird that Im on the other side of the bar this time which is a bit odd, but Im only working nights for 2 days which means that I will fulfill the usual quota of drinkage. As the bar is open to the public it means that we get lots of frenchies and most of the time they get palmed off to either me or hannah and we get to parler avec les frenchies. I've been holding up I wont lie, I can even understand the frogs most of the time which is a turn up for the books!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home