This winter it's all about la Plagne, France. Just like Corsica...except more snow and less ghetto

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

By the way I hate skiing

The dark corner have issued us with skis for free which is pretty cool and we all had lessons on our first day off last week. Of course I branded myself 'advanced' and had fun flinging myself down blue runs knowing I was in the capable hands of 'Veda', our instructress. Then the next day I went out with Hannah from Scotty's and unwittingly we got a lift up to the death slope and I actually wanted to cry. The slope was vertical and the people in the know in la Plagne clearly thought this was 'tame' enough for a blue. I thought blues were my friends! Anyway in true Kat style I stopped halfway down the stupid slope and shouted down to Hannah, who was at the foot of the slopes (bitch!), 'JE DETESTE DU SKI! GET ME OFF THIS BLOODY MOUNTAIN'. My cries fell on deaf french ears and I was forced to, shock horror, actually ski down the mountain. You've won this time round, death slope. So as a result of this fracas I am now hating the skiing and it is majorly to do with 'THE FEAR' that I have because obviously skiing is an 'extreme sport' ie you could get hurt, I mean tennis doesnt have this form of death defiance! I'm waiting for my snowboard! Oh and PS when you ski you look like a right idiot doing your ski boot walk/dance.

1 Comments:

Blogger makaleka said...

I am pretty sure that your FEAR goes back to the time when your dearly beloved Brother JON WEAVER took you up the glacier above Tigne - there was a storm, the lifts were about to close and leave you alone on the mountain, and YOU KNEW YOU WERE GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!! - you survived then and you will now.
MW

12:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home