This winter it's all about la Plagne, France. Just like Corsica...except more snow and less ghetto

Saturday, January 27, 2007

The crying game

Snowboarding is hard for Kat, really hard. However, I persevered and thought I was getting somewhere (slowly and 10 miles behind everyone else). I've been out quite a few times with numerous teachers who claim to have invented the snowboard with their own bare hands, and I started out well the other day, for the first time ever I hadn't forgotten everything I had learnt which was a nice change! I have been assured that boarding follows the '3 day principle', in that you want to hurl your board down the bottom of the slope, burn it and bury the evidence, until that magical 3rd day when it all just, 'clicks'. Whoever invented this principle was clearly smoking something because I've been out about 6 times and of course things went rapidly downhill soon after on the 6th day and the kneepads were tested to the extreme. Damn Corinne tried making me do something horrendous (ie turning both ways) and next thing I know, BAM! Smack down on the piste. I screamed so loud a few lads thought I had broken something, but that concern was extinguished when Corinne just shouted at them 'she's fine leave her alone!'. Cheers. I swear my knees have never known such pain and due to my pathetic skills, the tears started. I didn't just sob though, oh no, I believe I screamed at Corinne 'I HAVE ENOUGH TEARS TO GIVE THE WHOLE OF THE 3RD WORLD WATER FOR A YEAR!', and then struggled on to her on my board, I couldn't even bleedin see for all the tears. Safe to say I'm giving it a break for the moment and then I'm having a lesson from some lad from Airtours, so we shall see if I cry at him or if I blossom into a snowboardess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home