La Rhumerie
Clearly throwing up all over the kitchen at uni after a jug of Bacardi has taught me absolutely nothing because I thought the idea of going to a rummery was a bonne idee. We got the telemetro up to Aime 2000 and as soon as we got there we went down some stairs into some weird grotto, complete with giant mirrors to give the incredible illusion that it was bigger than 1m squared. They had all sorts of flavours including vanilla, tatin, coconut and the worst one of all which was called an 'echec et matt', which was basically like a jalapeno had thrown up in my mouth. It was all kinds of horrendous, but it was pretty good value for money so we accepted it nonetheless. Then in a Hawaii tribute I tried a Mai Tai, the concoction of which made the bar man go 'out back' and come back with some weird variety of booze 10 minutes later, but hey it tasted good! I should mention in passing though that rum makes me angry. Then we ended up in a place called 'le blue night' (see the clever way they did that?) which was a club/glorified room with blue lights, and we were the only people in there, but boy we danced like there was no tomorrow. I can vouch for the fact that rum gives you a headache in the morning.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home