This winter it's all about la Plagne, France. Just like Corsica...except more snow and less ghetto

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas Day mentalism!

Never underestimate the humour of a drunk santa

I was extremely lucky to have Christmas Day off, but considering I was one of very few I thought it would be a bad thing. However, we persevered and Hannah (Scotty's), Rob and I went for a typical Christmas meal in one of the nearby restaurants, lasagne and salad, hmm! Of course this was washed down with some lovely wine and before we knew it we were once again tipsy mctipsy. However the others had to work in the evening so we calmed down a little bit. I say that but then Hannah and I decided to make a very random and drunken purchase, the biggest moon boots in the world! We stood in the shop for about half an hour admiring ourselves until we decided this would be the best decision we had ever made in our lives. We went back to Scotty's and showed off our purchases, just as there was an absolutely brilliant torchlight descent by the local ski schools. The next thing we know Chubby, our head ski host, skis down the mountain, complete with santa outfit and cheesy grin, and he is swamped by greedy present hungry rich kids! The intensity of it all got a bit much and he came down to Scotty's for some liquid happiness, like the rest of us! The night was pretty slow and a few of us were drinking but I think we all felt it was a quiet one. Hmm...but then something changed! A sudden influx of seasonnaires, and Ollie decided that every single person in the bar had to wear a hat. From out of nowhere he produces a box full of hats and the bar was rammed with a sea of headgear! Add to this the fact that my boots were abused royally with pretty much everyone trying them on, until we realised that the main waterproof mechanism was a plastic bag inside the shoe, Jon Indepth took offence and tore the bag up with his teeth! Sob sob! After that I think everyone felt pretty sick but as it had just turned Boxing Day the idea of 'Boxing Day Boxers' was the way forward. So before we knew it all the lads and a couple of girls stripped down to their boxers and got on their snowboards, and well just snowboarded! Merry Christmas!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey hun, still reading ure blogs they make me laugh, cant wait to come see all of u on the 22nd Jan. please tell me that is not a drunken chubby dressed as santa in that photo x Vicki tattoo xx

12:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home