2 tickets to the Van Show
Like all respectable food and drink outlets in ski resorts, we proudly sell Vin Chaud. Call it whatever you want, Gluwein, mulled wine, it warms your cockles and for those with lacking french dispositions, its HOT WINE! Sounds fancy in French at least. Given that this isn't something you'd pick up in your local Wetherspoons, it took a while for some of the lads in Scotty's to get their heads round it. Now imagine if you're from Blackpool and your head has suffered from years of hair straightening, chatting up girls and wearing 'bling' and I'm sure taking in new things besides the latest H Samuel range is tough. Your name is Stu Pool. Last week I was working on the bar during lunch and putting all the cheques that Stu had written down whilst he was waiting, in the till. I was putting in every thing that he had written, but I have to say I struggled to find a button that said 'VAN SHOW'. Safe to say I got the cheque and showed it to everyone much to their amusement, with his argument being 'well you knew what I meant hun' (I must stress that quote must be read back in strong Blackpoolianishblingishchavish accent). Now this is the joke of Scotty's and Jon had the corker of an idea of making a poster that says 'DO YOU WANT 2 TICKETS TO THE VAN SHOW? PLEASE ASK STU'. Pure gold.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home