This winter it's all about la Plagne, France. Just like Corsica...except more snow and less ghetto

Friday, January 05, 2007

New Years Eve Nightmare

Much like Christmas Eve, I worked all day long and it was an absolute nightmare. A 40 minute wait for soup, SOUP I tell thee! If you wanted a panini, we don't have a panini machine, despite the fact that it is on the menu, if you want a coffee, the machine is broken. If you want to, heaven forbid, pay by credit card, that machine is also broken. Add to that there simply isn't enough people working. Its a nightmare trying to explain how truly crap you are in both English and French. So much like last week I finished at about 5pm and then went off for a sneaky one or three, and then went back to work at 10pm. I get there, and straight away I'm asked to work on the hotel bar upstairs instead of Scotty's. Fortunately I was with the lovely Mr Jon Indepth, but it was all kinds of horrendous. For those who went to Corsica, its like Chez Nous, for those who didn't, its like the crappest bar you have ever been to where the only custom you might be fortunate to have is from little kids asking for change for the pool table. If you are really lucky, like I was the other night, there might be a bit of excitement in the form of a bar brawl over the potted black ball, between four 6 year olds. Jon and I weren't even lucky enough for that. All we had was Jon the hotel manager, his fiancee Debs, Troy the assistant manager, and I think that was about it. We did get to give out champagne just before midnight, which I proceeded to spill all over 4 guests, I guess I still haven't perfected the tray technique. At the countdown to midnight I'm pretty certain I saw some tumble weed stroll through the bar, then make a hasty exit sensing how dead the party was. After that we closed the bar and headed down to Scotty's and immediately became drenched in sweat, and we found out the only thing we had left to sell was Desperados and Strongbow. Awesome. Fortunately a fight ended the party atmosphere and we shut about 2.30am. Then we just sat about and drank our 'first' drinks of the evening and when Stu had reached his quota for talking crap it was time to leave at about 4.15. Hannah, Paul and myself decided there was more partying to do so we headed into town to a place called 'No Blm' (not a clue) and had some strange shots and sat down next to a guy who had passed out with his hand down his trousers. We got back about 6am, shattered as you like! Happy new year, WHATEVER!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home