"I really don't feel like boarding today" (Cameron, R J, 2007)
Famous last words from the wee Scotswoman! On Tuesday Roz, George (KP) and I went out boarding and we were having a pretty good day, that was until Roz decided to go and put a curse on us by saying "I really don't feel like boarding today". Now that is a death wish if I've ever heard one. Next thing you know we are at the top of this run and then CRACK! Roz had raced off in front of me (another way of saying that I am incredibly slow) and then she stopped and was lying down and somehow facing the wrong way! Thinking she was messing about I carried on at my 1cm an hour pace, until I realised that she was actually in a world of pain. She was going along on her board and then fell down and put her arms down to support her. ERROR! Fortunately she was clever enough to do it right at the top of the slope so we had the pleasure of walking all the way down, and straight into the medical centre, but she didn't even shed a tear! After a short wait Roz was seen, and then the next time I saw her, she had not one but both arms in plaster. I have to admit I feel quite bad that the first thing I did was laugh and take a picture. After the amusement of the comedy injury, we realised that the poor Scottish mite actually can't do anything. Just imagine having no hands people! This is serious! The next day she had to be taken to Moutiers hospital to have one of her arms reset (eww) but things just got worse and worse...she had to stay overnight and have an operation because one of the bones had actually split, we're talking general anaesthetic baby! We're waiting to hear more news so as soon as I know, you will too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home